Recyclist Is Hiring!
Recyclist creates Software as a Service solutions for the solid waste & recycling industry. Our products help communities make progress toward their zero waste goals, whether that involves tracking and managing hard data behind-the-scenes or educating their residents through state-of-the-art digital outreach. Though our solutions are technology-based, our primary focus is on meeting real people’s needs and providing outstanding service to everyone who uses our products.
Recyclist is a triple-bottom-line company dedicated to ensuring that our work has a tangible positive impact on the environment, and that our people maximize their potential both professionally and personally. Preference is given to local candidates who can work in our Truckee, CA office, but we are open to the right remote team members. We also offer flexible schedules that allow for a sustainable balance between work and family/sports/hobbies/etc.
We are looking for a few great people to join the Recyclist team and help us grow to meet increasing demand for our products and services.
At Recyclist, we handle data from many different sources and wrangle it into a standardized format. The Data Manager takes the lead for this process, working closely with our Project Managers (who gather requirements and data from our customers), as well as our Database Engineers (who manage our master MySQL database). The Data Manager works largely in Excel, processing data sets as we receive them, which entails identifying patterns, changes and inconsistencies, as well as opportunities for improvement and better data insights. The Data Manager also uploads processed data to our applications, and is responsible for maintaining the highest levels of quality control. As such, this person should possess an extraordinary level of attention to detail, and commitment to developing and following processes. The Data Manager may also do some programming in MySQL and/or a low-code development environment.
– Strong Excel skills
– Outstanding attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills
– Aptitude in math and logic
– Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
– Knowledge of MySQL (or other relational database)
– Experience with programming languages & coding practices
– Understanding of HTML and CSS
Recyclist creates and manages websites for cities, counties and waste haulers to use in educating their residents about waste, recycling and other sustainability-related issues. We are searching for a Writer/Producer to assist our Senior Editor with creating and publishing exceptional educational content for these websites. This process involves drafting and editing blog posts, newsletters, and social media, selecting stock images and processing them in Photoshop, and publishing all content via our WordPress platform. The Writer/Producer will also assist in creating company sales and marketing materials, as well as various writing and research tasks as needed.
– Clear and concise writing style
– Excellent grammar and spelling
– Strong editing, copyediting and fact-checking skills
– Ability to adhere to a strict style guide and editorial ethos
– Experience using Google Docs
– Comfortable learning software such as WordPress and Photoshop
– Great attention to detail
– Interest in sustainability and environmental issues
– Ability to follow media and industry trends
– Knowledge of the solid waste and recycling industry
– Experience in journalism or other professional writing
– Experience copyediting
– Experience using WordPress and Photoshop
– Social media experience (in a professional setting)
If you are interested in joining our team, but you don’t see a job description that matches your specific interests or skill set, you can submit an application under General Interest. Recyclist is constantly growing, so we’re always on the lookout for smart, awesome, motivated and committed people to join our team. We want to know you’re out there!
We are especially interested in hearing from people who are self-starting, independent, open-minded and upbeat. We can teach anyone to do a job, but we can’t teach you to be an awesome person!
If you’re interested in working at Recyclist, let us know you what you’re good at, why working with Recyclist is exciting to you, and how you envision contributing.Apply Now