This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Citizen Communications, LLC d/b/a Recyclist (“CC”) collects, uses and shares personal information of customers who access our website, recyclist.co, or use our other products and services that include an authorized link to this Privacy Notice (the “Services”).
If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use any part of the Services.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you in a variety of ways.
Information Given to Us
When a customer creates an account, we may collect a variety of information from that customer, including name, address, email address, business address, and payment information (which is processed and maintained by a third party payment processor). When a customer authorizes its employees to register for an account to use the Services (each a “User”), we may collect additional information, such as the User’s name, email address, and other information given to use directly by the User.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain personal information by automated means, including cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, and third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics).
The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor);
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns); and
- Other information that your browser or mobile device sends when using the Services.
We may use your personal information:
- to operate, maintain, and improve Services;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us, our customers, and selected partners;
- to provide and deliver products and services customers request;
- to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- to enforce our agreements; and
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- with your consent;
- with our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- for legal, protection, and safety purposes;
- to comply with laws and to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- in an emergency, including protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses without restriction.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- You may “opt-out” of our marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
- You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
- You may be able to remove and reject cookies from our Services with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Services works for you.
- We use third party tools and you may have information choices within such tools. Our third party tools include the following:
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. No steps can fully prevent all security risks, however. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice to you (for example, by email and/or posting on our website) that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new notice. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is shown below. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check for any updates or changes.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on September 30, 2022.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Privacy Notice. You may email email@example.com or send mail to Citizen Communications, LLC, PO Box 2319, Truckee, CA 96160.